Friday, October 17, 2008

teaching schedule

firstly a note that I've been off air for a couple of days due to internet failure at the hotel. This morning they seem to have reset the whole network - wasn't able to get an IP address before - and maybe changed provider as well.

On Wednesday I finally got my teaching schedule, which has me taking over from a teacher who had a baby girl on Thursday morning!

My schedule is Tuesday and Thursday evenings - 2 groups on each day - and Saturdays and Sundays during the day - 3 groups each day. So I am teaching 5 groups altogether, all kids. There seems to be relatively little adult teaching from this centre at the moment. Some classes may be coming up later in the year. This is basically a full-time schedule although with comings and goings, there will often be cover teaching to give on top.

In theory then I have 3 days off per week. In practice I'm using a lot of time, including today (a day off) for lesson preparation, 'cos I'm painfully slow at it!

No comments: