Monday, May 25, 2009

Rainy season

It seems that the rainy season is finally with us. Most days now for the past 7-10 days we have had at least one heavy downpour, sometimes with thunder and lightning or with wind. This morning it rained for about 3.5 hours, not always heavy but enough to dissuade me from going out to do a few jobs.

It's not so great for the washing, though. Last Wednesday was dry nearly all day, and Xe had been and washed the bedclothes. So they were out the back of the house to dry. I planned to get home at about 5pm (I had extra classes last week and so a lot more planning, including Wednesday - sob!), but it bucketed down at 4.30pm, and the washing got soaked. Xe has spirited the whole lot off somewhere to dry - I don't know where - and I guess will bring it back on this Wednesday.

The photo is a view of today's rain from the balcony. Jesus is rather shrouded by it all, and you can only see as far as the taller buildings near Back Beach.

No comments: