Monday, March 09, 2009

An odd sight

I took these photos some time ago on an afternoon bike ride, but had forgotten about them.

I took a ride along Back Beach up to the Paradise Tourist Zone, which has resorts, golf clubs, etc - being a Monday afternoon there was not much going on. After that I had to come back into town a bit so that I could keep heading out. Eventually I went past the the Seaview 4 apartment towers which you can see from ILA Vietnam building. They are out in Ward 10 - but I digress ...

Before taking the long ride along 3 February Street, I went past this closed down/disused theme park. I haven't yet found out anything about it. It's not mentioned in Lonely Planet.

My ride continued along a major road past flower farms. I had this general idea that at some point I would be able to turn right again and hit the beach. But I started to find that my map of Vung Tau is partly accurate and partly imagination. Eventually, I could see I was way out into Ward 11, so I then decided to see if I could turn left and come across to 30 April Street. I figured that I would probably hit it around about where Bao lives.

But that didn't happen either. Instead I was cycling down a very wide, very under-used road, that eventually turned out to be a) not fully open and b) not yet connected back on to Quoc Lo, which is a major road that brings you back into Vung Tau on the other side of the airport (from 30/4 street). To make the connection all vehicles had to go off to the side and push/drive (if you are motorised) on to Quoc Lo. It was a useful trip for getting a wider view of Vung Tau, but it was a lonely and uninteresting ride in the main. VT can be very windy in the afternoons as well ... :(

1 comment:

tigerrick said...

This formerly closed adventure land is open again, although I still haven't seen anyone actually visiting it