Saturday, November 29, 2008

My new home


Hmm ... has been a while, so the news is getting stale.

anyway - I have moved to my new home in Vo Thi Sau street. I am very glad to be here. It is great to have some space and my landlords have set me up very well - new fridge, washing machine, microwave, rice cooker, iron and cook top. The gas bottle was connected up on Thursday, but I haven't started cooking yet.

The house is in a secure compound with two security guys, so I have to ring a bell each time I come home, so that I can get in the gate. They look after my bike (of the mountain variety) at night, and put it away/get it out for me whenever I go out.

This is the main house.

The apartment is a big studio, no separate rooms except for the bathroom. The promised new entry door (on the side of the house) was installed in place of a window, so it is massive! Huge bed, nice TV.
There is a big garden with many mango trees, a couple of coconut trees and some herbs and green vegies as well. The Vung Tau lighthouse is close by, and over the roof you can see the back of the Jesus statue.

No comments: